WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF
COLLAPSING LUNGS BIOGRPAHY
Long before KORN, Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park made it big, the members of South Florida's own Collapsing Lungs were making music history by combining metal, industrial, hard core and hip hop in a time when leftover 80's hair bands and budding alternative rockers were dominating the charts.
Signed to Atlantic Records in 1994, the band released an EP entitled Colorblind and made waves on MTV's Headbanger's Ball with a video for the rap/metal anthem "Crackerjack." Not long after, their lead vocalist, Brian Tutunick (a.k.a. Olivia Newton Bundy), the original bass player from Marilyn Manson, left the 7-piece group and after a few other member changes, the remaining members formed L.U.N.G.S. (Losers Usually Never Get Signed) and in 1995 released the full length Better Class of Losers on Pavement/Zoo/BMG records.
While touring with such acts as Smashing Pumpkins, House of Pain, Cypress Hill, Ice Cube, Biohazard and a very, very young Limp Bizkit (who opened for them), brought the band major notoriety, the lack of promotion and tour support on behalf of the label would eventually lead to the group's demise. Cut to nearly a decade since their final performance, all Collapsing members (minus Kyle "Embryo" Hennrich, who no one could find) and a couple members from L.U.N.G.S., reunited for a one-night only engagement at the Culture Room in Fort Lauderdale. Six hundred people showed up and the show went off flawless. The band had such a great time that they all said they'd love to do it again.
Since then, keyboardist Chris Nicholas has been slowly working on a documentary about the music industry and is using the experiences of Collapsing Lungs and L.U.N.G.S. to take us through the journey of the film. We are currently seeking funding to help finish the project. If you or someone you know would like to be an Executive Producer on a killer documentary, please email Nicholas, HERE. Below is a short video clip to give you an idea.
THIS IS WHAT SOME OF THE GUYS HAVE BEEN UP TO:
• Keyboardist Chris Nicholas went on to direct and produce the documentary, "Marilyn Manson: Demystifying The Devil," and also was one of the producers for A&E Television's hit show Criss Angel: MINDFREAK. Chris has numerous projects at various stages of development, including a documentary about Collapsing Lungs. He can best be described as a professional storyteller, having created, written, produced, edited and directed countless works in the visual arts. His company NEW RIVER ENTERTAINMENT specializes in New Media web videos and personal biography LEGACY VIDEOS.
• Vocal/Percussionist Frank "Crime" Cassara went on to be the lead singer of The Mary Tyler Whores, Dirty DNA and Devil in a Black Dress (which included Sin Quirin and Aaron Rossi of MINISTRY). He's currently working as a tattoo artist at Black Tie Affair Tattoo Parlor in Artesia, CA and is the lead vocialist for the dark wave band, VIRAL.
• Drummer Michael McDermott, who was once the drummer for the legendary punk rock act, Murphy's Law went on to play many years with Bouncin' Souls and ROME, Sublime's singer's side project, is currently on tour as Joan Jett and The Blackheart's drummer.
• Guitarist, Lloyd Holley has signed an international publishing deal with BMG music and currently lives in Holland.
• Drummer Chris Goldbach went on to play with Against All Authority and Irish Car Bomb.
• Vocalist Brian Tutunick, aka Olivia Newton-Bundy, the first bass player from Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids now fronts the band Depravity Scale.
• Eddie Rendini, went on to play with Darwin's Waiting room and COLD. After leaving COLD. he taught Pro Tools at the acclaimed school Full Sail in Orlando, FL. He also assisted Tom Lord Alge and Jerry Harrison mix the band, LIVE's CD, The Turn. We received very sad news that on January 31, 2015 Eddie was rushed to Florida Hospital's emergency room in Orlando, FL for suffering a massive heart attack due to complications involving a previously undiagnosed diabetes related issue. RIP Eddie, you were a great guy and a bad ass guitar player!
Please check out and like our FACEBOOK PAGE and subscribe to our YOUTUBE ACCOUNT.
Here is our DVD Anthology of our career from 1991-1995:
Here's a list of some of the bands we played with:
Smashing Pumpkins, House of Pain, Cypress Hills, Rage Against The Machine, Marilyn Manson, Biohazard, Limp Bizkit, Ice Cube, Onyx, Infectious Grooves, My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult, Machines of Loving Grace, The Toadies, Murphy's Law, Pigface, Die Warzau, Genitorturers, and many, many others.
To hear some music, watch some videos or check out some pictures and what not, please click on one of the links below: